More Notes to Myself

Sunday, March 08, 2009

On Thursday afternoon, I was out for my walk on the bench east of Bountiful when a car approached me and slowed down. I thought someone was going to ask for directions and I was hoping I could direct them correctly, since I wasn't too familiar with this particular area yet. When I bent down at the window, a nice-looking guy of about 25 or 30 who wore his hair in a ponytail said, "I am doing a random act of kindness. May I give you a rose?" He handed me a beautiful, dark pink rose and drove away. I think I was so startled that I was barely able to thank him. I don't know if it were his kindness or the fact that I usually feel so invisible, but it touched me so much that I cried the rest of the way home. I have read about people who do random acts of kindness and have always loved the stories, but this time I felt the real power of it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Allie said...

What a great story! I love that this happened to you.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Kjersti said...

Wow! That's so awesome!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Chelsee said...

Awesome Mom!! That is so cool! I have had someone pay for my lunch while I was going through a drive thru. I was behind them and they paid for mine before I got to the window. I have no idea who it was, but it made my day.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Danae said...

Oh, that's so sweet! There are so many people out there that it seems that's all we hear about. I really like this story and I'm happy that he picked you! You deserve it!

7:00 PM  
Blogger gamefreak said...

I agree that stories of random acts of kindness are always good to hear. I'm glad there's a story that includes my mom now. :)

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home