More Notes to Myself

Friday, March 24, 2006

I took the day off today. I am planning to savor a little time alone at home and then go to have my hair colored and cut this afternoon. I live a very low key, ordinary life, so writing about what happens to me from day to day is a rather boring read. Just a warning.

There was a huge winter storm here last week and I didn't get to work until about 11:30 a.m. because Chelsee got her car stuck in the driveway. How ridiculous is that? And how often has it happened to our family over the years? Our driveway is a hazard in a winter storm. Anyway, only Kjersti and I were home and neither of us was any use pushing Chelsee's car out of the snow bank, though I did get covered in mud from trying. So because Sassy was stuck behind both Queue and Kjersti's car, we all had to wait for Jay to come home from work before any of us could go anywhere. Two major things that remind me how bloody helpless I am are snow storms and car troubles.

Which brings me to the second "exciting" thing that happened to me in the last week. A few days before the driveway incident, I had been caught in another winter storm. I was in stop and go traffic for about an hour and a half trying to get to work. All the shifting from first to neutral to first to second (maybe once) to first for that long really took a toll on Queue's already distressed clutch. When I took the car in to get the clutch checked, I got an estimated repair cost of $1400. Ouch! My finances are so "on the edge" that anything unexpected like that threatens to put me into bankruptcy, not to mention hysterics. I had to call on Wes to help me and luckily, he was in a position to do so. Otherwise, I might have had to kill myself. And, by the way, it ended up actually costing me $1689.38. Unbelieveable.

I am looking forward to meeting with my Goddess group for lunch on Sunday to celebrate Jannette's birthday. These meetings should really be against the law, they are so fun and funny. Our gaggle of Goddesses provides quite the entertainment or annoyance, whichever, to the people who fortunately or unfortunately get seated around us. We go from laughing our beautiful heads off to crying our lovely eyes out for about three hours once every month or two. For us, it is a much needed release and renewal. We manage to stay friends through it all.

I hope you are all doing well. I love you.

4 Comments:

Blogger -Wes- said...

I've given up on cars. They're just more trouble than they are worth. With gas and insurance and repair and registration costs all going up , I just hate throwing money into that black hole. My last car broke down in December, and I just decided that I'm going to put my efforts into finding other ways to get around rather than look at purchasing another junker.

Walking and biking around has given me some good exersice these past few months. But I was able to find an apartment near my work and downtown.

I understand that's it's not as easy in your situation.

I think I won't buy another car for quite some time, if ever.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Chelsee said...

Sorry mom. We fixed my tires now though, so maybe I can make it out of the driveway if/when it snows again. That only cost $344.75

3:13 PM  
Blogger Little Momma said...

Chelsee, I don't blame you. Like I said, it has happened a number of times through the years.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Danae said...

This is why buying a townhouse in Farmington next to your Favorite Third Child is such a Fabulous idea! No hills! AND, your HOA fee covers snow clean-up! :)

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home