More Notes to Myself

Monday, January 15, 2007

The Painter's Sun 5K

I have already reached one of my goals for 2007. The goal was to run the Painter's Sun 5K in St. George, Utah, which was held last Saturday. I did even better than I was expecting to do. I hadn't set a goal for how fast I wanted to run it. I just wanted to run the entire race, which I did. But I finished the race in 34 minutes, 19 seconds (11.02 minute miles) and was 5th in my age group. I was extremely pleased with that result! It was a chilly 19 degrees that morning and many runners were buying earmuffs and complaining, but I have been running in the cold and dark almost every morning since October, so I thought it was a beautiful day for a run. I was annoyingly cheerful. Another one of the sweet things about it was that I came in ahead of an associate from my office who I expected would be in front of me. She is young and has long legs and was fully expecting, I think, to beat me. But my training paid off! So now, my next goal is to run the Leprechaun Lope on March 17th and this time I want to improve my time. Anyone who wants to train for it and run with me is welcome!

3 Comments:

Blogger Allie said...

Yeah, little Momma!! I'm so proud of you! I'd offer to run the next one with you, but I've got to admit I really hate running. Especially in the cold. Yuck!
I think SSFB may want to run the next one though. I'll ask her the next time I see her.
Good job, again, on meeting your goal and beating your goal. Keep it up!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Danae said...

Mom, you are Superwoman! I had no idea you were even doing this... I heard from Kjersti the weekend you were gone because I was trying to call you to come play games with us...

That must feel SO GOOD to achieve above and beyond what your expectations were. I'm really proud of you for doing it. I would also offer to run the next one with you... but I'm a treadmill kinda-girl, all the way. Running outside is not for me. But good luck! I know you'll do GREAT!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Chelsee said...

I am so proud of you mom!

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home