More Notes to Myself

Friday, March 02, 2007

A Day with Isaac

I arranged to take the day off on Wednesday so that I could stay at Danae’s house and watch Isaac for her. Gary and she were traveling to Las Vegas for Gary’s interview with the Radiology Department at UNLV. It seemed good and a little strange to be taking care of a baby again for a whole day. Isaac was as good as gold. When he woke up and I came into his room to pick him up, he would give me a “full-body” smile. It was such a pure expression that I wanted to kiss him and hold him forever. It is amazing how a sweet baby can affect my heart. After I changed and fed Isaac, I would just watch him play with all the many, varied and unusual things that Danae and Gary have there for him. I could almost see his mind working as he studied and experimented with everything. Sometimes he would get such a big, satisfied look of pleasure on his face when he managed to make a sound or play a song, that I just had to laugh. His world is a joyous and fascinating place.

I took my second set of tests in my Legal Assistant classes. The tests were so easy that I was almost embarrassed at how much I had studied for them. Or maybe they were so easy because of how much I had studied for them. I had been very worried that I would have to know the terms for the intricacies of grammar. All I had to do was to identify the proper noun, the common noun, the verb, the adjective and the adverb in the following sentence: “Joan reluctantly rode the rusted bicycle.” Brother. I could have done that with my eyes closed, let alone after studying for a week. Anyway, I have an average of 100% in both classes, so I guess I qualify (so far) to be a legal assistant.

I also reached another one of my exercise goals. I ran 25 out of the 28 days in February for 90 %. On the weekends in February, I added another mile to my run, so that I was running four miles. I am so proud that I can do it. But now that it is March, I have to start all over again. Just like Groundhog Day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kjersti said...

I'm so proud of you for sticking so closely to your goals and for doing so well in school! You're the best one! I'm excited to see all the ways your life is going to change this next year, and I have to say I'm a little jealous of your dedication.
And Isaac is a total stud! I love when he smiles at me, too. It can make my whole day!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Chelsee said...

Mom you are the best one!! You are so cute! I am so happy for you that you are reaching all of your goals. :)

7:17 PM  
Blogger Danae said...

Mom! You rock! First, thank you SO much for watching Isaac. I'm so SO glad that he was good for you. I love that I have family so close and that you are all so willing to watch him for me. It's wonderful to be able to rely on family, and I'm glad it was you that stayed with him all day. :)

I'm also so PROUD of you for A) going back to school; and B) for kicking butt in your classes! I hope that when you're done you can find a wonderful new job that you'll love. GOOD JOB!!

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home