More Notes to Myself

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Running and Life

These are some of the lessons I have learned from my running:

1. If you want a runner's body, you have to run.
2. There is never enough downhill on a long run.
3. There is never enough shade on a hot day.
4. Shade and downhill are almost as good as a drink of water during a long run on a hot day.
5. It is easier to tell when the wind is in your face than when it is at your back.
6. You cannot fake sweat.
7. You never accidentally run a marathon.
8. You should never make any final decisions about your running program during the last three miles of a marathon.

So, running is like life. I'll let you see your own parallels.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kjersti said...

I like that. It was well stated. The last one reminds me of what you used to say to me when I was pregnant, "You can't decide the future of your family while you're in labor." :)

11:05 PM  
Blogger Allie said...

I can't decide the future of my medical career while I'm in last year of school. That's true. If I let the way I feel right now (tired and overwhelmed) make my decision for me, I'd have dropped out by now!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Danae said...

I'm so glad you all cleared that up, because honestly, I didn't understand at first what she was saying. But again, Mom, I think you're awesome for always making the time to run and work-out. I need to learn to be more like you and have more self-control/motivation.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Chelsee said...

I wish I was as motivated as you are.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home