More Notes to Myself

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Stream of Consciousness

In my Legal Assistant classes last night, the teacher passed back the tests from last week. I got 100% on both tests. I was very pleased, but like I said, the tests were pretty easy. I have next week off for Spring Break.

I went yesterday with Geoffrey to his SEOP conference with the school counselor. She was very positive about Geoffrey's chances to get into early college classes. She also told us about a math tutor who meets with students every Thursday after school. I think that would give Geoffrey the assistance he needs with his pre-calculus class. He has a 3.6 GPA and got 20 on his ACT without any practice at all. I know, if he can keep his grades up and get some practice on the ACT, he will do fine in early college. I think I will bribe him to come to the library with me a couple of times each week and study for an hour or so. If he had some company, he might be more willing to go. I want so much for him to do well in school.

My weekdays are very routine, so I can't write about much that is of interest. Like I said a few days ago, I do think about things. But I have also noticed that I try to keep from thinking too much about things. I am always just on the edge of something. I am not sure what it is, but the smallest thing can bring on tears or a feeling of "not enough," and I try to stay away from that. I listen to a lot of NPR so that I can blame my problems on President Bush and the Republicans in general. But, who knows? Maybe Obama or Ms. Clinton would be just as bad, if given the chance. If Mitt Romney gets elected, I will be very impressed with America. It will mean that we have overcome all of our stereotypes and prejudices, and gay rights are just around the corner.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chelsee said...

I think that is a great idea, Mom. I think that if you went down to the library with Geoffrey, he would be more willing to go.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Chelsee said...

I forgot to say WAY TO GO ON ROCKING YOUR CLASSES!!!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Kjersti said...

GOOD JOB, MOM! You're the best one! Way to rock your tests! You're such a good mom, always looking looking out for all of us! I like how you look after Geoff.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Danae said...

I am NOT surprised that you are doing so well in your classes. This is like Chelsee and Allison always getting A's. You've always been smart, and I had no doubt that you would do well.

If the after-school tutor doesn't work out for Geoff, let me know and I'll call my friend, Ginny Wood. She's VERY good at tutoring. I will be sad if you decide to stay in Utah as opposed to coming to Vegas, BUT I also want you and Geoff to do what will be best for YOU. Staying here and getting Geoff through school is very important. He's lucky to be living with such an awesome Mom!!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home